The Women’s Ministry at Beachside Baptist Church will host a weekly women’s Bible study on Tuesdays starting April 10, 2018. It will continue for 8 weeks. You do not need to be a member to participate. Women of all ages and faiths are encouraged to attend. If you want to participate, books are provided. Contact Joyce Shobert to reserve a book (free).
About This Women’s Bible Study
The city of ancient Corinth was much like our own modern-day cities: a melting pot of electrifying cultural experiences to be had, along with the myriad pitfalls of spiritual depravity. Still, Paul wrote to the church of God in Corinth. Meaning God’s church is meant to thrive in any city and every circumstance in which we find ourselves. Paul’s letter is as timely as ever.
Over 8 sessions, Kelly Minter will lead you through the Letter of 2 Corinthians, exploring the anchoring truths of bearing treasures in jars of clay, meeting Christ through a pressing thorn, opening wide your heart in the midst of hurtful relationships, and what it means to embrace the lost and lonely as ministers of the new covenant. Each of us has a message to proclaim and live by: Because of Jesus the old has gone, the new has come.
- Grow in biblical literacy with the in-depth study of the Book of 2 Corinthians
- Discover how God can use you no matter your cultural setting
- Learn how your suffering can help you comfort others
- Gain wisdom for relationships, and strengthen your church and community
- Leave your old self behind as you celebrate the new life of a believer
- Understand God’s ways will set you free