Tuesdays, February 28 through April 11, 2017
• Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer, led by Joyce Shobert & Suzanne Jerrell, Women’s Ministries – –
Having a hard time knowing what God is saying versus what others are saying? This Bible study is designed to help participants know the voice of God: His language, character, and tone of voice. By growing closer to God through His Word, participants will be able to discern God’s voice from the voice of strangers.
Let’s join together in studying God’s Word, fellowshipping with one another, and invite others to participate. You do not need to be a member of Beachside Baptist Church to attend. Let Joyce Shobert know if you are going to join us. Her phone number is in the church directory.
- Session 1: Anticipating the Voice of God. Explore the relationship between Jesus as the shepherd and us as His sheep. God speaks and all believers have the privilege to hear His voice. There is no special hotline with God that only “some” believers can tap into. You can hear God. Discerning God’s voice begins with an expectation that He is able to be heard.
- Session 2: The Holy Spirit. Discuss the differences between the Holy Spirit and the conscience, and how to discern between the two. In the Old Testament God spoke through the prophets, in the New Testament He spoke through His son, and in this age He is speaking through the most miraculous means of all – The Holy Spirit.
- Session 3: The Voice of the Holy Spirit. The voice of the Holy Spirit is One we can trust, unlike many other voices we hear around us. You will learn about the truths the Spirit speaks and how to combat strongholds that keep us from hearing His voice.
- Session 4: How to Recognize When God Speaks. Focus on worshiping and loving God. The more you know God, the more clearly you can hear Him.
- Session 5: God’s Voice Reveals His Plan. Five principles about God’s plan for your life. God is active in our lives, and He wants us to be involved in His plans.
- Session 6: Responding to God’s Voice. God doesn’t speak just to be heard; He speaks to be obeyed. When we sense the nudgings of the Spirit and immediately respond in obedience, we set the framework for His supernatural blessings in our lives.
- Session 7: Just Do It. Conclude the study with some questions and discussion about what we do as a result of the truth we have heard.